Deprecated: Non-static method Configure::read() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/bmunson/ben.munsonarts.com/cake/libs/view/view.php on line 661
182 Eleanor Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94022
Phone: (203) 376-9286
7/2010 - Present - Plaxo, Mountain View, CA - Server Engineer
- Work on Front-End web development
12/2009 - 7/2010 - Shmoop.com, Mountain View, CA - Front End Developer
- Redesigned the UI of Shmoop.com
- Created a PHP templating framework built for flexibility and backwards compatibility
- Doubled the speed of website using suggestions by Yahoo YSlow Firefox plugin, including CSS sprites and controlling order of script operation
- Designed and implemented templates for Teachers Editions of Shmoop subjects
- Designed and implemented templates for AP Test Prep (US History, US Government, English Literature, English Language) as well as testing UI.
- Implemented Paypal payment processing for site commerce, and dashboard functions for internal handling of transactions and refunds.
- Designed AP Medals for top 3 performers in AP Test Prep.
- Worked with Marketing and Business Development to conform with suggested SEO practices.
- Managed SEO dashboard to automate SEO practices throughout the site.
7/2008 - 12/2009 - ORAFEC.org, Branford, CT - Chief Information Officer
- Created the user interface and database for Orafec.org
- Implemented a search system for over 300,000 components in stock.
- Responded to customer support needs
- Created web site for a subsidiary with calendar appointment system, Google Maps integration, manager administration system, and opening Flash animation.
- Created web site for a client including registration system, franchisee access system, and manager administration system.
- Franchisee system included inventory and resupply dashboard
- Designed and created marketing materials in print and online.
- Created a Visual Basic.NET desktop program for database migration and synchronization.
6/2005 - 7/2008 - Oxygen Electronics, Essex/Branford, CT - Web Designer/Programmer
- Redesigned the UI for O2xygen.com
- Created a web-based content management system to maintain the public site.
- Maintained and extended an internal web site for brokers’ internal use.
- Developed a contact management system.
- Redesigned and re-implemented a company-wide task calendaring system.
- Designed and implemented time usage and training reports
- Converted the entire web site from VB6/ASP to ASP.NET
- Created a workflow to integrate photographs of components into data available to sales force
- Created a program to acquire images in bulk
- Created a web-based tool to audit images
- Created a program to migrate images into the database post-audit.
- Integrated photo capture into receiving process.
- Designed and created marketing materials and training manuals.
2/2004 - 6/2005 - Kendle International, Old Lyme, CT - Digital Data Processing Specialist
- Worked on a team scanning and verifying documents for a contract research organization.
9/2003 - 1/2004 - Pharmedica Communications, Essex, CT - Contract Employee
- Entered data and performed secretarial duties for a company in the pharmaceutical industry.
6/2002 - 6/2003 - Various, New York, NY - Contract Employee
- Worked as a contract employee for several companies in Manhattan.
7/2000 - 6/2002 - Centermark Technologies, Higganum CT - Graphic Designer/Programmer
- Designed and implemented web-based software for call centers to help manage their data.
- Provided phone support for that software.
- Designed and developed web sites for external clients.
- Designed and created marketing materials.
- Shmoop.com - http://www.shmoop.com
- ORAFEC.org - http://www.orafec.org
- Steam My Ride.com - http://www.steammyride.com
- Netty Cars US: - http://www.nettycarsus.com
- Oxygen Electronics - http://www.o2xygen.com
- Aimee Burg - http://www.aimeeburg.com
- I am comfortable using Linux and Windows, but prefer and am most at home on Mac OS X.
- I have experience with source control software, including Visual SourceSafe and Subversion.
- I am a proficient writer, a good communicator, and have a great sense of humor.
- I am a highly skilled amateur photographer.
Connecticut College, Bachelor of Arts in History, 2000
Available upon request.